Tourism & Recreation
From Le Treport to Mont-Saint-Michel, the Norman coast offers an astonishing variety of landscapes. The sea has blessed this region with particularly pleasant weather -- mild in the winter, rarely too hot in the summer -- making its 600 km of shore a favorite vacation destination.
We are just a 20-minute ride from Deauville; home to the American Film Festival in September and the most beautiful beaches in Normandy. You are also less than an hour’s drive from Etretat, Rouen or Caen, driving through some of the loveliest scenery of the Pays d'Auge and the Cote Fleurie. A little further along the coast, the World War II landing beaches make for an excellent day trip and don’t forget Bayeaux and its famous Tapestry museum!
And Honfleur itself has plenty to offer. At once a fishing harbor, commercial port, and marina, it has carefully preserved its picturesque streets and regional architecture, while winning a coveted "Four Flowers" rating for it lush public landscaping. Home to many excellent restaurants, We are happy to assist you with reservations and or reconfirming your tables upon your arrival. Rendez vous section our Partners on the site for updated restaurants in town.
Heading to the landing beaches ?
For up to date info on individual or group tours available (most leaving from Bayeux or Caen; 45 minutes from us) Google to; Tripadvisor Normandy tours. Apologies we are not able to book your tours.
Just behind our house:
- Indoor/outdoor public swimming pool
- Public tennis courts (indoor & outdoor) and mini golf
- Enjoy a stroll in our public gardens or visit Naturospace just minutes from the house
- Jetty promenade leading to a sandy beach on the Seine estuary
Ready for some TLC ?
Head to the brand new NUXE spa; an oasis just 2 minutes from us with massages, hamman…ahhh
- Honfleur's unique museums, including the Musee Eugene Boudin, Les Maisons Erik Satie, and the Naturospace
- The surrounding countryside (follow the special "thatched roof" or "orchard and cider" itineraries)
- The Seine estuary and the impressive Pont de Normandy
- The cliffs of Etretat, so loved by the Impressionists
- The gastronomic specialties of Normandy: Calvados, cider and other apple-based drinks; world-famous cheeses such as Camembert, Pont L'Eveque, and Livarot; and of course sea food -- mussels, oysters and scallops in particular.
For more information contact the Honfleur Tourist Office: Tel: 02.31.89.23.30 or visit their site in English.
- Deauville just 20 minutes from us and what a difference from Honfleur! Home to the American Film Festival, an Olympic size saltwater pool, thalasso (Spa), casinos, horseracing, auctions and polo.
- Trouville, sister city to Deauville with its gorgeous beaches, colorful weekly food market and daily fish market with the best fish selection in the region.
- Visiting historic Caen and Rouen.
- Touring the moving sites of the Normandy allied landings.
- The cider route, Bayeux tapestry the chateaux the country side and more!
- Le Mont St Michel an easy 2 ½ straight highway drive from us.